Greg's Buttons 3.8 (13 May 1997) -- Fee: $15
You can now pay your shareware fees by credit card on the web with the
Kagi Online Order Processing service. There are both
versions of the form.
Have you ever wondered why System 7's windows and scroll bars are 3D
and shaded while the push buttons are still flat and black and white?
Are your eyes tired of staring at bright white window backgrounds?
Does that blocky Chicago font get you down? Or maybe you just yearn
for a red stop sign. If so, you should try Greg's Buttons, a control
panel that lets you customize your Mac's user interface. Once you use
it, you will never be able to go back.
- Replaces the standard flat black and white push buttons, check boxes,
and radio buttons with tasteful 3D color ones. These buttons are
designed to complement the windows and scroll bars in System 7, and
in particular, they use the color tinges from the Color control panel.
You can choose from three styles of push buttons and four styles each
of radio buttons and check boxes. There is also an option to draw the
text of push buttons using an embossed style.
- Substitutes a font of your choice (chosen from two variants each of
Helvetica, Palatino, Espi, and Tecton, as well as Veritas, which is
based on Apple's Truth/Charcoal font) for Chicago as your system font.
- Lets you select the background color of dialog boxes, menus (both the
text and background colors), and Finder windows.
- Colors the mini icons in Finder list views (i.e., view by name, etc.).
This is the smallest icon size you can select in the Views control panel.
This feature works only with Systems 7.0, 7.0.1, and 7.1.
- Colorizes the stop sign, caution, and note alert icons.
Changes in Version 3.8
- Added Veritas 12 to the "Substitute System Font" list. This font is
based on Apple's Truth (aka Charcoal) font, which is rumored to be the new
system font under Mac OS 8.
Changes in Version 3.7.6
- The radio buttons and check boxes once again have color tinges.
Changes in Version 3.7.5
- Worked around a bug in System 7.5.3 that would cause errors in the Finder
(out of memory messages, or errors of type -108 or -192) on Performa 5200-,
5300-, 6200-, and 6300-series Power Macs when the System 7 Color Buttons
feature was enabled.
Changes in Version 3.7.4
- FaxState (a FaxSTF extra) now works with Greg's Buttons.
- The radio buttons and check boxes now draw in the right place in
Back to Greg's Shareware Page
Greg's Buttons |
Greg's Browser |
Power Windows |
Copyright © 1997 Gregory D. Landweber, All Rights Reserverd